You know one thing I like about fall? It’s when women start wearing boots again. Women look good in boots.
Can’t think of many better uses for black leather than that. It’s the kind of thing you start seeing in October. So it’s today’s Friday pic. You’re welcome.
Of course, guys can wear boots year round. Because, you know, we have to do stuff, like hike the Appalachian Trail. But men also start thinking about boots for new uses in the fall. You can’t wear flip-flops when it’s sleeting or there’s 5 inches of snow on the ground (well, you could, but it would be cold; therefore dumb).
So men start to think about boots they can wear every day — boots that look good, that will keep your tootsies warm, that are appropriate for the office and some evening socializing.
Where can you get boots like that?
There are a number of good places, but here are 5 top sites to shop for boots that will not let you down…
1. Boot Barn. Where else would you expect to find a better selection of boots than at Boot Barn? Nowhere, that’s where. And throughout fall and winter, all boots ship for free from Boot Barn (ends 4/24/14).
2. Timberland. Good boots made of eco-friendly materials (in many cases) with classic designs and everyday practicality. Something for every day of the year and every activity.
3. 5.11 Tactical. Because the need for a rugged pair of boots that can kick the city’s ass does not end when cold weather starts. In fact, it gets worse.
4. Rockport. Just say the name: “Rockport.” You figure that if you’re wearing Rockport boots, you can accomplish just about anything. It’s up to you. What you will definitely accomplish is walking in comfort. Rockport was the first company to incorporate athletic shoe technology into boots.
5. Wolverine. Every guy should have at least one pair of Wolverine boots. Be worthy of fall. Or any other season.
Those are some of the best places to get boots. Now you have something to look forward to this weekend — upgrading your footwear.